- Tour location: Peaceful countryside village of Hanoi
- Departure: 8:30 am
- Tour Duration: 8 hours
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
Highlights of Hanoi Countryside Local Living Day Tour
- Local market visit
- Hands-on farming activities
- See how locals make tofu
- See how lacquare products made by artisans
- Visit birdcage making village
- Shopping souvenirs
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON THIS HANOI COUNTRYSIDE LOCAL LIVING DAY TOUR
This Hanoi Countryside Local Living Day Tour provide you with authentic local experiences. You will have a chance to travel like a local and see many rural villages .
Following your visit to Hanoi, the busy city, we take a breather on a trip to the quaint villages in the Red River Delta region. Ben Trong and Ben Ngoai have much to offer in the way of history and local treasures.
During this trip you will be exposed to the local craftsmen who make birdcages, an ancient and much sort after art of the Hanoians. In addition, you will learn how the farmers live day to day and how lacquer is a much-used medium for a skilled art form.
Itinerary of Your Hanoi Countryside Local Living Day Tour
- Visits to the local markets to purchase delicacies and trinkets
- A little walk through the village roads will show you how the locals devote their skills to making products for their ancestors and try to sell them to you
- Farming is the main source of income for the natives and you will get to see how they farm the land for rice and vegetables
- Included in this trip, 20 km outside of Hanoi, is Bentrong and Benngoai, farm-based villages, where you will get the chance to get down and dirty whilst you actually plant, harvest and water some vegetables
- Take a step further and learn how to plough the land, cut rice and chat to the farmers about how they live everyday
- In addition, learn how to transplant wet rice into the paddy fields (note that for this activity a months notice on booking is required)
- A lesson in how tofu is made will come in handy when you get back home. Tofu is a food often eaten by the Vietnamese and learning how to make it will give you great insight into this traditional food item
- And in addition see how the locals make products from lacquer as well as take up some Vietnamese cooking skills. Lacquer has been used since 1910 and Hanoi is famous for this.
- Vac CanhHoach is a bird cage making village where you can get close and personal following the steps our Vac local takes to make these magnificent and durable creations. A term like whistling the bamboo will be told to you as well as the other intricate steps to producing the beautiful bird cages
- In addition, you can purchase local hand-held fans to take back home as gifts or souvenirs
- A favorite pastime for the families is to make paper deities into general items like horses, TV’s, motorbikes, elephants, money and dragon boats. Once they are made they are then burnt, believing that these representative items will be transported to their deceased ancestors in their afterlife
We look forward to hosting you on this authentic and ancient Vietnam countryside tour.
Tour rate : 79USD/per person (applied for a group of 2 people above) – private tours
- Private modern car with A/C
- Round trip transfer
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch with our host family
- Free drink (local rice wine, soft drinks, Hanoi beers and Vietnamese coffee ….)
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Other services not clearly mentioned
- Our tours are all private
- Tour rate changed without prior notice.
- All rate is American Dollar
- Booking tours required at least 2 days before tour date