- Tour location: Peaceful countryside village of Hanoi
- Departure: 8:30 am
- Tour Duration: 5 hours
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
Hanoi Farm to Table Tour snapshot
What better way to experience all of Vietnam’s eccentric and ancient cultures than through their hands-on farming practices and traditional foods? Get your hands dirty in veggie plantation in a rural village and a local family home kitchen, experimenting and learning how to grow veggie and the Vietnamese really cook. Then sit down to an authentic meal soaking up the culture and tradition, after exploring the neighborhoods bustling markets and experience hands-on farming activites.
Your culinary journey through Hanoi starts off with a local host family who will hold your hand through this exciting and tasteful tour. Let’s join Hanoi Farm To Table Tour for a authentic farming works and wonderful Vietnamese food culture experience
Highlights of Hanoi Farm to Table Tour
- Hands-on farming experiences such as preparing the soil,raking, sowing, and watering
- Throughout the tour you will be exposed to traditional meals from breakfast through to dinner
- The meals will take place in an informal family host home where you can learn to cook by getting involved in the preparation process
- Save the recipes so that you can impress your family back home on your return
- For fresh produce, walk the streets and explore the local markets, where you can get your fill of fish, vegetables and other delicacies
- In between filling your bellies with delicious native food, hop on a public ferry, bus or any of the local transport to explore the magic of Hanoi
- Once you arrive at the host family, you will fraternize with the family members and learn a little of their language.
- Many of them don’t speak English but you will find that with a little warmth and encouragement you will be breaking all boundaries and getting on like a wild fire.
- The tradition, when visiting a local home, is to drink some traditional tea and take a few bites of the seasonal fresh fruits
- The chef of the family will give you a run down of your little cooking lesson by helping you understand a few simple phrases needed to shop at the market
- A slow pace of walking or a fun ride on a motorbike to the field for hands-on farming experiences such as preparing the soil,raking, sowing, and watering and having some chit-chat with local farmers (Seasonal activities based on its availability)
- From there you will take a leisurely stroll through the local market and learn to use the currency, VND (Vietnamese Dong), to purchase some much needed ingredients for your cooking experience later
- The family will teach you how to communicate with the local market sellers in a friendly but persuasive manner, using body language and signals. This is a fun and entertaining experience. Embrace it!
- If you so wish, you can get down with the earth and learn how to plant and water the local vegetables
- Remember to take along your camera and grab a few selfie shots with the amiable but cordial sellers – they will love it!
- Once back at the host family’s home, you will get involved in cooking up a storm with the ingredients you have purchased, as well as the family’s contribution
- Our tour Chef will guide you step-by step through the process of cooking up a true Vietnamese feast, utilizing the Vietnamese kitchen appliances and tools
- Your efforts will produce a 5 course tasty and filling meal which you will sit down to enjoy with your host family and tour Chef
- Take advantage of the family’s attention and learn more about Vietnamese culture, way of life and other sumptuous recipes, asking questions and using your hands to demonstrate what you want to know
- Don’t forget to take down the recipes you have learnt to cook so that you can impress your family and friends back home
- After an unforgettable evening you will be transferred back to your hotel
Remember – that for the vegetarians and allergy afflicted eaters, we can accommodate, but be sure to let us know in advance. In addition, children from 7 years and older are most welcome to join in this festive culinary tour
Tour rate : $50/per person (applied for a group of 2 people above) – private tours, $45/ per person for a group tour sharing with others
- Private modern car with A/C
- Round trip transfer
- English speaking tour guide
- Half an hour basic Vietnamese language
- Hands-on farming practices
- Lunch/Dinner with our host family
- Free drink (local rice wine, soft drinks, Hanoi beers and Vietnamese coffee ….)
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Other services not clearly mentioned
- Our tours are all private
- Tour rate changed without prior notice.
- All rate is American Dollar
- Booking tours required at least 2 days before tour date