- Tour location:Coto Island
- Departure: 7:30 am
- Tour Duration: 3 days 2 nights
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
Join this Coto island Tours in 3 days package to explore often-overlooked wonderland to be away from the hustle and bustle of Hanoi. While most people who visit Vietnam have the tendency to visit the more popular locations, Co To Island is one of Northern Vietnam’s best-kept secrets.
A mini world in itself, Co To Island is a spectacular place to explore with its native culture, awe-inspiring beauty, and white sand beaches. Inhabited by friendly locals, this island allows you to recuperate and rejuvenate yourself with its natural beauty and tranquility.
Overview of Coto island package tour
Duration: 3 days
Pick up and drop off : At your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter or any other places 5 kilometers from Hanoi Old Town
Style of Tour: 100% our tour are PRIVATE which means that you got your own personal experience
Rate : Please contact us for the best possible rate
- A local guide who is fluent in English.
- 2 nights stay in a local homestay with daily breakfast included.
- Entrance Fees and Permits
- Daily Meals (03 lunches, 02 dinners)
- Shared transportation via local minivans
- Speedboat ride from Cai Rong – Co To- Cai Rong
- Drinks, laundry, tips and other personal expenditures
- Meals other than ones included in the tour
Who should book this Coto island Tours
- Adventure travellers for an authentic local experience
- For those who like to eat fresh seafood
- Honeymoon couple
- For those who like off the beaten track travel, don’t like a touristy place like Halong Bay
Highlights of Coto Island Tours
- Distance yourself from your fast-paced city life and slow down in this isolated spot of breathtaking beauty.
- Being a rarely visited spot by tourists, Co To Island has to be visited by a small sampan boat.
- Surrounded on all sides by crystal clear water, you can take the time to laze on the white sands of the beaches or take a late afternoon dip.
- Climb to the top of the Co To lighthouse from where the island can be seen in all its glory
- Visit the local market to explore the native culture or participate in fun activities that involve fishing with the natives.
- Explore every nook and cranny of the island on a motorbike while enjoying the fresh breeze.
Why Coto island tour with Hanoi Eco
- Hand-picked activities
- Unique itinerary
- Flexible to choose the accommodation as you want
- Experienced guide who has been travelling the island for tons of time
- You can’t do this tour on your own because of language barrier
Itinerary of Coto island trip 3 days
Day One: Hanoi- Van Don- Co To Island (B, L)
07:00: The car will arrive at the hotel to drive you to the bus stop
(An optional activity for you is that you can also wake up early to explore the local markets)
08:00: Begin the drive to Cai Rong Port. The journey is 5 hours long. Take a short break on the way for refreshments.
13:00: Arrive at Cai Rong Port. Enjoy the local cuisine at a restaurant.
14:00: Depart for Co To Island via speedboat. Upon arrival at the island, you will be transported to your homestay through electric car
After refreshing yourselves, you are free to explore the Island at your leisure. You can take a walk, explore the beach, and go for a swim.
Dinner will be eaten with a local family. You will spend the night at your homestay.
Day Two: Co To Island Tours (B, L, D)
05:30: Visit the local attractions MongRong Rock Area, Mr. Minh Cape, and My Bridge on a motorbike. Take 2km hike to the Co To the lighthouse. After that, you will be taken to the Hong Vang military port from where you will take a boat to the less-visited beach in Co To Island, a heavenly place to relax and revel in the peace.
Visit two other gorgeous beaches Van Chay beach and Hong Vang beach. Each of these beaches boasts of clear emerald waters, velvety sands, and a majestic only seen in pictures.
Day Three: Co To Island- Hanoi
07.30: Have breakfast at the homestay. Leave via motorbike or electric to get to the port.
09.00: Take a speedboat to reach Van Don port.
10.30: Take the bus back to Hanoi. Have lunch on the journey back.
16.00: Arrive in Hanoi.
Please Note: You can extend your tour for another day trip to Thanh Lan island
Itinerary of the extended trip to Thanh Lan island
05.30: Eat breakfast and depart for the pier.
06.30: Take the local ferry to Thanh Lan Island. The island can be reached within 20 minutes.
07.00: Start trek through green rice paddies and a lush forest. The path will lead to the ethereal C-6 beach, which is home to emerald waters and limestone cliffs. This will be followed by a picnic lunch in the forest.
Do a 30-40 minute trek to reach the untamed Tam Chau Beach. The beach has a magnificent view of nearby islets and coral reefs.
After this, you have the choice between heading back to Co To Island or staying back on Thanh Lan Island overnight in a hotel and take a ferry back in the morning.
Note: Dogs are often present on the roads in the early morning or late evening walks. The islands don’t have nightlife; you will not find bars or clubs.
The hotel where we put up our guests is not located near the beach. However, you can be upgraded to beachfront hotels like Co To Life or Co To Eco Lodge for an extra cost.
How to book
Contact Hanoi Eco Tour via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to have more information or you can book with confidence by filling the information in the form below
Latest posts by davidcoi (see all)
- Things to do in Halong City for shore excursion travelers - July 21, 2020
- Hanoi off the beaten track | Itinerary and suggested day trips - July 21, 2020
- Ultimate Bai Tu Long bay travel guide: written by a local guide in Vietnam - July 19, 2020