- Tour location: Peaceful countryside village of Hanoi
- Departure: 8:30 am
- Tour Duration: 7 hours
- Tour Runs: Minimum 1 person. Maximum on request
Private Duong Lam ancient village day tour is specially designed for people who like the countryside with a particular focus on the authentic cultural experience of the origin of Vietnam, travel in a budget but want to see Duong Lam village at its best.
Overview of private Duong Lam ancient village tour
Duration: 7 hours (8.30 am to 15.30 pm)
Pick up and drop off: At your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter or any other places 5 kilometers from Hanoi Old Town
Style of Tour: 100% our tour are PRIVATE which means that you got your own personal experience
Tour price: $64.9 USD per person, kids under 8 receive 75% off
Book with us directly 24/7 by Email or Call/WhatsApp
Email: email@example.com or Whatsapp: +84 974 313 104
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel with a modern car with air-conditioner
- A bottle of water/tour/person
- English speaking tour guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Lunch at a local family
- Entrance fees
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
What makes this Duong Lam village day tour different from others
- Having lunch in a UNESCO site with authentic local Vietnamese food
- First and unique private tour to Duong Lam village
- We do things differently from other companies : We focus to see all aspects of Duong Lam village : history, culture, local living, local cuisine and so on instead of combine with other historical sites
- Our guide was born in a rural village, who know the land at its best
- Meet and interact with locals to learn about local living. Most of the tour companies is lack of interacting with locals
- Walk into narrow alleyways known only by locals
- It is a responsible tour, when taking this tour, we use local suppliers, giving a donation when visiting local temples, families. Your money stays local
- Our itinerary is fully customized up to your request. On the hand, it is created by us, who have been working as a tour guide over 10 years with practical experience
Who is suitable for this Duong Lam ancient village day trip
- Architecture lover who wish to learn in-depth about unique design of the ancient houses made of mud and laterite
- For those who like to learn about rich history, culture and local tradition of rural Vietnam
- For those who would like to have a deeper understanding about local living of Vietnam
- Street photography lovers
- Travel off the beaten track to escape from busy life of the big city
Please don’t contact us if you concern about the price. Because our rate is higher than other travel agents a few bucks because we offer private, high quality tour.
General information about Duong Lam village
Duong Lam ancient village is on the outskirts of Hanoi and also known as a museum of laterite, home to many houses dating back up to 400 years. One special thing about the village is that most of the buildings here are made of laterite and mud, two materials that are abundant in the area. The village has also been described as the last stronghold of wet rice farming culture in northern Vietnam.
Activities during ancient village tour to Duong Lam by Hanoi Eco Tour
The ancient houses are run by families who have lived on and worked the land for generations. Enjoy hands-on experiences with your guide such as walking tour, cycling, chatting with locals living in the ancient houses, great local food supply in tours, visiting the pagoda. You will be able to stay amongst the locals and see their daily routines surrounded by breathtaking scenery in a peaceful setting.
Highlights of Duong Lam village private tour
- Cycling in the countryside to experience village life, breath fresh air
- Visiting the ancient house is a great chance to explore the architecture of ancient houses while wandering along its narrow alleyways
- Visit Mia Pagoda was built during the Tran Dynasty before 1632 and still preserves many ancient artifacts with 287 statues
- Walking around the village to chat with locals to learn more about their local lifestyle as well as gain an insight into the Vietnamese countryside
- Having a tea time with an old man at Giang Van Minh worship house
- Taking a mini cooking class to make a local speciality : Che Lam (Vietnamese nutty ginger sticky rice bars)
Itinerary of Duong Lam ancient village tour from Hanoi
8.30 am: You will be greeted at the hotel and travel the west of Hanoi to do Duong Lam village tour, a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River delta where still preserve many hundred-year-old houses .We will start a walking tour around the village.
First, pay a visit to an ancient house and have a cup of green tea with a local family with three generations who witness all history of the village.
Secondly, visit Mia Pagoda, is built in 15 th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculpture such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas as and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities.
Next, have a tea time with an old man who take care of Giang Van Minh worship house to learn about Vietnamese education in the old days. Then we walk around the village to learn more about locals’ daily life.
It will be your unique experience as you walk along tiny ancient alleys where still preserve many hundred-year-old house. Next, getting to the oldest ancient house over 300 years old to take part in a mini cooking class to make local speciality : Che Lam and enjoy lunch with authentic local food in this UNESCO site,
Afternoon, then have a bicycle ride about 5 kilometres around this peaceful rural area to discover the daily life and farming works of Vietnamese peasants. we continue riding to see two King temples of Phung Hung and Ngo Quyen
Note : If you aren’t able to take a bike ride, we can take a car ride instead.
To book private Duong Lam ancient village tour, with Hanoi Eco Tour please fill in the information in the form below.
Latest posts by davidcoi (see all)
- Things to do in Halong City for shore excursion travelers - July 21, 2020
- Hanoi off the beaten track | Itinerary and suggested day trips - July 21, 2020
- Ultimate Bai Tu Long bay travel guide: written by a local guide in Vietnam - July 19, 2020