- Tour location: Peaceful countryside village of Hanoi
- Departure: 8:30 am
- Tour Duration: 6 hours
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
Hanoi Eco Tour team are sure this wet rice growing tour will make your trip an extremely memorable experience in a lifetime. Moreover, You complete the day leisurely cycling along the countryside road witnessing local Vietnamese life first hand with an endless chance for photos. You can be sure that the short, easy bike ride will be an awesome soft adventure!
Rice is the staple diet in many Asian countries, especially in Vietnam. Perhaps, you have seen rice growing in most of Asian rice paddy fields. However, you do not know the sequence of rice cultivation in Vietnam. It is still a secret know-how for the western tourists. We would like to organize the wet rice growing tour for you. Through this tour, we instruct you on how to cultivate rice in the fields and also help you experience the hardships of Vietnamese farmers.
Overview of Wet rice growing tour
Duration: 6 hours (8.30am to 14.30pm)
Pick up and drop off : At your hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter or any other places 5 kilometers from Hanoi Old Town
Style of Tour: 100% our tour are PRIVATE which means that you got your own personal experience
Tour price: $69.9 USD per person, kids under 9 receive 75% off
- Pick up and drop off at hotel by private car/minivan/ shuttle bus based on your group size
- English speaking tour guide
- Pushbike for cycling around the peaceful village or going for a walk
- Farming uniforms: Clothes, conical hat, boots, gloves 1 unit of soft drink or water
- A local rice meal with a local family farmer
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Other services not clearly mentioned
- All of the eco-tours are a private tour
- Tour rate changed without prior notice.
- All rate is quoted in USD
- In case of inclement weather, the tour will be canceled.
- Booking required at least 2 days advanced notice of tour date
Who should take part in this wet rice culture tour
- Family with kids who are looking for a fun, memorable and educational trip.
- Couples: Searching for unique experiences, away from all tourist trail and breath fresh air
- Solo travelers: if mass tourism isn’t a choice, you want to be on your own in a peaceful area
- Group of friends or co-operate or team building: Fun, teamwork skill and more.
What makes our experience unique, different from other classic tour
- You are the only tourists in the village. We don’t take you to a tourist attraction, we show you local living and experience like a rice farmer
- We serve authentic local food, what local family eat. We make sure that the taste is authentic
- Having a meal with a local host family and share with them about their lives. Not just a like a regular tour called home-cooked meals but you don’t eat with the host family
- This is a responsible tour, your money stay locals. We paid directly to a local family who benefit from you. We learn and give back!
- The tour isn’t as cheap as a popular walking street food tour, cooking class. If you are looking for a cheap tour, don’t take this one. Because we provide added values and quality tours.
- Taking this tour not for checking in cool photos, we work, eat and play like a local for real local experiences!
Highlights of wet rice farm tour Hanoi
- Join local farmers for working on the field
- Cycling in the countryside to experience village life and breath fresh air
- Photo shooting with cow
- To be an insight into Vietnam countryside
Itinerary of Wet rice cultivation Hanoi Tour
- Picking up and dropping off guests at the hotel by car.
- Starting biking to the countryside throughout the rice paddle, enjoy the fresh air with nature
- Meeting the local farmer, talking with them about their local farming daily life and having a cup of tea with them at their house
- Wearing farming clothes before getting into muddy rice field like: Vietnamese authentic and traditional farmer clothes, conical hat, boost & hellip;
- Listening to the tour guide introduced and explained the process of the wet rice how to grow it.
- Starting the farming works to learn how to grow wet rice with cow plow, use agricultural water system.
- Transplanting baby wet rice at the rice paddle field
- Enjoy herding cow around the village.
- Back local family and enjoy lunch and a cold beer or soft drink
- Drive back to the hotel by car
Let’s Hanoi Eco Tour organize this wonderful Wet rice cultivation experience for you.
Latest posts by davidcoi (see all)
- Mai Chau travel guide 2020 (Updated) - July 5, 2020
- Travel to Vietnam’s capital city: Ultimate Hanoi itinerary - April 23, 2020
- 72 hours in Ninh Binh : The perfect Ninh Binh itinerary - April 21, 2020