- Tour location: Mai Chau
- Departure: 8:30 am
- Tour Duration: 3 days 2 nights
- Tour Runs: Minimum 2 persons. Maximum on request
This Mai Chau Fishing and Farming Experience tour by Hanoi Eco Tour in Mai Chau Vietnam is specially designed for people who like to experience home/farm stays tour which focuses on traditional farming and fishing experience life of the ‘White Thai’ ethnic families of the region.
Mai Chau is a 139km trip from Hanoi through mountainous terrain, in a valley about 10km from the Song DaRiver and only 150 meters above sea level. The village of Ban Lac is in an idyllic and charming, rural valley which is nestled between two towering cliffs surrounded by emerald green paddies and is an enchanting sight as you wind down the cliffside.
The ‘homestays’ in a stilt house are run by families who have lived on and worked the land for generations. Enjoy hands-on experiences with your guide such as traditional net fishing, rowing on a traditional raft in the river and working in fields with the local farmers. You will be able to live amongst the locals and participate in their daily routines surrounded by breathtaking scenery in a peaceful setting.
Overview of Mai Chau Fishing And Farming Experience Tour
Duration : 3 days
Style of Tour: 100% our tour are PRIVATE which means that you got your own personal experience
Tour rate: $195/per person (at least 2 people on tour) for 3 days tours for a private tour with seat in coach shuttle bus/minivan, $265/per person for a private tour with private transfer
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bicycle and raft on the stream
- English speaking tour guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner) 03 lunches, 02 dinners, 02 breakfasts
- Traditional dance & Can wine
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned
Highlights of Fishing and Farming Experience in Mai Chau
- Learn how to use local traditional fishing techniques using round and cast nets
- Coming to an organic vegetable field, watering and planting vegetable, hoeing a soil with local farmer
- Preparing meals with local family
- Experience raft rowing on the stream (Only available in March, April, May, June)
Brief Itinerary of Fishing and Farming Experience
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau, Cycling (L,D)
Day 2: Farming & Fishing in Mai Chau (B,L,D)
Day 3 : Mai Chau – Hanoi (B,L)
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau, Cycling (L,D)
7.30 am: Pick up from your hotel and head west towards Hoa Binh. Stop for refreshments.
10.00 am: Leave Hoa Binh for Mai Chau Valley, approximately 2hrs.
12.00 pm: Arrive in Mai Chau. Meet our local guide and have lunch in a family house in the local village.
2.00 pm: Cycling expedition around the surrounding villages of White Thai Ethnic people with your guide. See local living in Mai Chau along the way
6.00 pm : Prepare and cook the evening meal with your host family, learning about family-style Vietnamese ingredients and cooking techniques and participating in the nightly group meals.
Sleeping tonight in a traditional stilt house, unique to Mai Chau.
Day 2 : Mai Chau Farming and Fishing (B,L,D)
Morning: You will start your day by experiencing a day of working with local farmers in a vegetable garden. We will take a short walk around the garden and learn how to prepare the soil and plant some vegetables. Here we will be introduced how to do cultivation of the vegetables as well as discovering the use of vegetables in Vietnamese food. We will take a trip around the vegetable garden and join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seed in the garden. Other activities will include raking, sowing, and watering etc…
Afternoon: You walk to the stream and listen to the tour guide introduce and explain the process of using the net. You learn and try your hand at local traditional fishing techniques using round and cast nets. You also have a chance to scoop fish out of water. it ‘s absolutely amazing to experience raft rowing on the stream.
We enjoy fishing nearby local family house. We will show you how to prepare the baits and pick up the right location. Moreover, you can herd of water buffalo and breath of fresh air around the village. You are at leisure. Overnight in a local family homestay.
Day 3: Mai Chau – Hanoi (B,L)
7h30: Breakfast in the village then walk to Mai Chau market then climb to 1000 Step Cave. The cave is breathtaking and so is the view of the area from the entrance of the cave.
12h00: Have lunch in the village before getting on the bus back to Hanoi.
17h00: Back to your hotel. Overnight in Hanoi
- All of the eco-tours are a private tour
- Tour rate changed without prior notice.
- All rate is American Dollar
- In case of bad weather, the tour will be canceled.
- Booking tours required at least 2 weeks before tour date
Don’t miss this wonderful trip, let’s book with Hanoi Eco Tour now
Latest posts by davidcoi (see all)
- Mai Chau travel guide 2020 (Updated) - July 5, 2020
- Travel to Vietnam’s capital city: Ultimate Hanoi itinerary - April 23, 2020
- 72 hours in Ninh Binh : The perfect Ninh Binh itinerary - April 21, 2020