Duong Lam village tour
- Cycling in the countryside to experience village life, breath fresh air
- Visiting ancient house is a great chance explore architecture of ancient houses while wandering along its narrow alleyways
- Visit Mia Pagoda was built during the Tran Dynasty before 1632 and still preserves many ancient artifacts.
- Walking around village to chat with locals to learn more about their local lifestyle as well as gain an insight into Vietnamese countryside
This tour is specially designed for people who like countryside with a particular focus on authentic culture experience of the origin of Vietnam.
Duong Lam ancient village is on the outskirts of Hanoi and also known as a museum of laterite, home to many houses dating back up to 400 years. One special thing about the village is that most of the buildings here are made of laterite and mud, two materials that are abundant in the area. The village has also been described as the last stronghold of wet rice farming culture in northern Vietnam.
The ancient houses are run by families who have lived on and worked the land for generations. Enjoy hands-on experiences with your guide such as walking tour, cycling, chatting with locals living in the ancient houses, great local foods supply in tours, visting pagoda. You will be able to stay amongst the locals and see their daily routines surrounded by breathtaking scenery in a peaceful setting.
8.30am : You will be greeted at the hotel and travel the west of Hanoi to do Duong Lam village tour , a purely agricultural village of the Northern Red River delta where still preserve many hundred-year-old houses. . Next, spend a visit to a local house that is almost 400 years old, then have a bicycle ride around this peaceful rural area to discover the daily life and farming works of Vietnamese peasants. we continue riding to visit Mia pagoda, is built in 15 th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes, among with are famous sculpture such as the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas as and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. Enjoy authentic local food in an ancient house.
In the afternoon, we walk around the village to learn more about locals daily life. It will be your unique experience as you walk along tiny ancient alleys where still preserve many hundred-year-old houses. We say goodbye to Duong Lam village and drive back to Hanoi around 4.00pm to finish unforgettable tour in Vietnam
[table id=7 /]
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel with modern car with air-conditioner
- A bottle of water/tour/person
- English speaking tour guide
- Plenty of photo opportunities
- Lunch at a local family
- Entrance fees
- Tips and Gratuities
- Personal expenses
Incoming search terms:
- hanoiecotour com eco-tours